Gorilla tracking in Southwest Uganda. Meet and greet mountain gorillas in their natural environment, the stunning afromontane forest of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
Join an existing group!
We have groups already booked, check our departure dates page
If you have your own group or a romantic getaway for 2 🙂 then you can choose your own departure date
- Park fees(For non-residents)
- All activities(Unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation(Unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation(Unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals(As specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water(On all days)
- International flights(From/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips(Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items(Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed
Early morning after breakfast at 7.00 am the driver will pick you from the guesthouse and then leave for the South West of Uganda. The first part takes us through central Uganda. They will have Lunch in Mbarara at the famous Igongo Culture Centre and from here we will continue the journey through Rukugiri District passing villages, cultivated farms, hills before you reach in Buhoma Bwindi. Check in at Lodge, dinner and overnight at their booked Lodge.
Driving time: ± 9 hours
Day 1 and 2
Accommodation: Gorilla Valley Lodge or Travellers Rest Hotel
The day of Gorilla tracking. At 7:45 am they will be at the starting point of Bwindi Impenetrable NP for pre-briefing and at 8:30 they will start the trek, after finding the gorillas they will spend with maximum 1 hour. All visitors are expected back to the starting point by 7:00 P:M. The walks can take 3-9 hours depending on where you find the gorillas. It is a real hiking and being physically fit is recommended.
After breakfast, the last part of the journey will bring us back to Kampala. We will stop in Mbarara for Lunch and then continue, after Masaka town we will stop at the Equator for Tea/Coffee break and buying souvenirs. We will bring you back to Hotel of your choice in Kampala for overnight. If you are continuing your journey somewhere else or back home, we will bring you to the airport for check in after refreshing from our guesthouse.
Driving time: ± 9 hours
Extra night in our Airport Guesthouse for $70 a double / $60 a single (including BB and airport transfer)